Job title: Senior Engineer Civil/Water
Salary Range: Very competitive perm salary
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Permanent role working for a leading civil/water engineering team based in Belfast.
You work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are recruiting for a Senior Engineer to join our successful Civil / Water Engineering team based in Belfast.
Main Purpose of Position:
You will be working within the Civil / Water Engineering team whose scope of project work includes:
- Wastewater and water projects including treatment works, sewer networks, pumping stations and rising mains
- Drainage schemes
- Marine projects
- Flood risk and drainage assessment
- Hydraulic and network modelling
You will be expected to be involved in all project work stages from inception to completion including:
- Feasibility studies and option appraisals
- Outline and detailed design
- Budget cost estimates
- Contract management
- Site supervision
- Construction project management in the role of Project Manager under NEC ECC contracts
- Manage a team to make sure that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making to achieve the team’s objectives
- Work under the supervision of an Associate and/or Associate Director
- Comply with Quality Management and Technical Excellence Systems and project procedures
- Make sure that legislation, regulations and site procedures or instructions are complied with
- Undertake contract administration of projects to make sure that time and budgetary requirements are met
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, Statutory Authorities, utility companies and other consultants, as required
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Engineers Ireland (IEI)
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microdrainage WinDes
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification For Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification For The Water Industry and Sewers For Adoption and their implementation
- Experience of and ability in working within project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), Statutory and Public Utility Companies such as Northern Ireland Water, Northern Ireland Environment Agency / Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, DfI Roads and DfI Rivers
- Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of Conditions Of Contract
- Experience of working on Northern Ireland Water Framework Contracts
- Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the required experience , please apply today. If you have any questions about the Civil Engineering role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on (phone number removed)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.