Calling all Fibre Splicing Engineers within the West Midlands
We are working with a Nationwide broadband provider who are looking for a Field Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis to manage and oversee projects in the West Midlands region.
Projects are diverse, and the ideal candidate would have extensive experience with Fibre Network Builds (FTTP/FTTH) including building joints, nodes, splicing, customer installations and everything in between.
The job role involves (amongst others):
- Installing fibre optic cabling in underground ducting
- Building joints
- Installing fibre termination/customers routers
- Termination and splicing of fibre optic cables
- Power and OTDR testing
- Fault finding
- Installation and commissioning of active equipment
- Reporting progress daily via in house systems
- Some overnight stays required depending on workload
- Managing vehicle Stock Levels
- Adhering to safe working practices.
If you feel you match most of the above please apply through the link and we will be in touch to discuss further.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.