Are you an experienced Controls Engineer? Do you Previous Experience with Siemens and Schematics?
A manufacturer of Industrial equipment with a great presence overseas, who due to expansion are currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a small team of 3 in an expanding business and really put your own stamp on the role.
- Confer with engineers, customers and other 3rd party's to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products. Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Design, implement & maintain electrical control instrumentation (E&H transmitters).
- Know of and can demonstrate knowledge of computer-assisted engineering (Eplan, AutoCAD). Electrical schematics will include PLC, VSD & Intrinsically safe equipment. (Desirable).
- Know of and can demonstrate knowledge of Siemens TIA Portal and/or Allen Bradley or another PLC, software writing and integration. (Desirable).
- Produce standardised documentation, for example… Functional Design Specifications, Hardware Design Specifications, Software Design Specifications, Factory Acceptance Test to ensure compliance with specifications, codes and customer requirements.
- Know of and can demonstrate knowledge hazardous area and intrinsically safe equipment. (Desirable).
- Oversee and be involved with project production efforts to assure projects are completed to a satisfactory technical standard.
- Prepare and study technical drawings and specifications of control systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- With assistance investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem and recommend remedial measures.
- Compile data and write reports relating to technical equipment testing, Supplier NCR's and equipment malfunctions.
- Willing to travel, UK and Abroad… (India, China & America) active projects.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or HNC/HND or time served apprentice with desire to proceed and push themselves.
- Exposure to electrical design packages (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good IT skills including MS Office
- Ability to work as part of a team
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.