The Water Quality Technician will join a team to provide river gauging and water sampling activities to meet the requirements of the Company and regulatory standards. Together, you will be responsible for the planning your daily route and ensuring the delivery of samples in a timely and professional manner. You will manage and carry out the process of gathering samples for regulatory and operational purposes including the undertaking of field-testing activities.
Location - Mid Ulster
Duration - 2 years initially (June start)
As a member of the Water & Environment Team you will undertake the following duties:
- Ability to follow procedures to the exacting standards demanded by the scientific team and Environmental Project Manager
- Coordinating and programming water quality sampling for own personal workload to ensure sample compliance and to meet deadlines with regard to return of water samples to laboratories for analysis.
- Liaison with Contractors and Management Teams including Scientific Services to meet the requirements to deliver an ongoing programme of sampling.
- A good geographical knowledge of Mid Ulster.
- GIS Skills will be advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to keep accurate records
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to act with tact and diplomacy
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a third level qualification in a relevant environmental / scientific discipline.
- Some previous experience and knowledge of collecting water quality samples from rivers, training will be provided.
- Full UK Driving License
As Water Quality / Environmental Technician (Rivers), you will also be an excellent team player with strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
To apply for this "Water Quality / Environmental Technician (Rivers)" role please select the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please contact Wellington Professional Recruitment.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.