Electrical Maintenance Engineer Double Day Shift (M-F: 07:00-15:00 / 15:00-23:00)
DENSO is a leading supplier of advanced automotive technology, systems, and components for major automakers. We are committed to making the world a better place through our world-first products and technologies. The automotive industry is in the midst of vast, exciting changes, as we advance a wide range of technologies. At DENSO we are combining those technologies to create a safer, more sustainable, and more productive future for transportation.
To further strengthen our organisation, we are looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer, with an electrical bias to join our team. A team driven by hard work, and the determination to challenge the status-quo. If you are looking for your next opportunity, and enjoy working as part of a team, where your contribution is valued – this may be the perfect role for you.
Within the UK, DENSO Corporation has over 1,600 employees (‘Associates’). DENSO Manufacturing UK Ltd (DMUK), based at the Greenfield site in Hortonwood, Telford is the largest UK based manufacturing facility employing over 900 people
About the role:
As our Electrical Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of production machinery to a level that optimises machine efficiency and performance to achieve DMUK’s Goals & Objectives.
As our Electrical Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring all work is carried out in line with Safety regulations and the appropriate risk assessments are completed
• Identify and escalate any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage
• Identify and escalate any machine equipment or process in an abnormal condition
• Understand and demonstrate a “Quality First” philosophy ensuring all work they carry out on machines does not affect product quality
• Carry out calendar and monthly Preventative Maintenance (PM) requests from schedules & frequencies on all machines, processes and assembly lines
• Carry out breakdown maintenance activity to improve machine availability
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement equipment & process improvements (Kaizen) activities to improve availability, cycle time, changeover, Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) and Quality.
• Complete maintenance requisitions that include red tag & blue tag plus safety requisitions when requested to do so
• Contribute to your own self-development to ensure your knowledge is at the appropriate level
• Utilise effective communication across all functions
Shift: Double Day Shift (M-F: 07:00-15:00 / 15:00-23:00)
Our Electrical Maintenance Engineers are required to:
• To be a time served apprentice with an electrical bias, with working knowledge of high-volume production equipment, processes and assembly lines
• Professional or Vocational qualification in Engineering (NVQ 3, City & Guilds)
• In-depth knowledge of PLC & computerised control systems and interfaces.
• In-depth Knowledge of Servo Control systems
• Experience of working on AC & DC voltages from 5 to 415 Volts 3 phase.
• Robot programming and repair skills.
• In-depth knowledge of moulding machines and processes
• In-depth knowledge of Hydraulic & Pneumatic systems
• In-depth knowledge of Mechanical Drawings
• In-depth knowledge of Vacuum Systems
• Ability to set up machine components to a very fine tolerance to ensure product quality
• Knowledge of Japanese Machinery and systems would be an advantage
• Previous Experience of the Automotive manufacturing Industry is desirable
• Previous Experience of the Moulding manufacturing Industry.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
• Working Knowledge of Vacuum Systems
• Working knowledge of PLC’s, able to go online and check ladder programs
• Robot programming and repair skills.
• Working knowledge of Servo controlled systems, able to adjust data.
• Working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation for machinery e.g. PUWER, LOLER etc
• Ability to interact with different cultures and utilise colleagues within DENSO to achieve outcomes
What you can expect from us:
• Competitive salary and shift allowance for the hrs of 15:00-23:00
• Benefits package which includes 23 days leave (ex. statutory) Health Shield, pension
• A commitment to your professional development through our onsite Monozukuri Skills Promotion Centre
We value the individuality and the skills that every Associate brings to the workplace. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce.
Join our diverse and driven team and take full advantage of the opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.