My client are a UK wide dynamic consultancy who offer structural, civil and glass engineering design and also work within building surveying, advice on health and safety and offer expert witness services. Due to another period of sustained growth, their Leeds office is looking to employ a Head of Civil Engineering to lead and help to deliver a number of large scale projects. This position would suit either an existing Director looking for a more autonomous environment or a driven and motivated Associate/Technical Director looking to step up into a difference making role. This truly is a unique position and a key hire for a business that is going from strength to strength.
You will be hands on within their Civils team and help produce designs and drawings to civils and highway schemes to appropriate standards from concept through to completion. As well as this, you will be co-ordinating their S104, S38 and S278 applications, writing reports and liaising with their clients on the management and co-ordination of projects. You will maintain awareness of commercial and technical management of projects to assist in ensuring that they are managed effectively within budgetary constraints as well as checking, reviewing, and managing the submission of technical / design packages and the work carried out by graduates.
It is essential for this role that you are a Chartered Engineer and it is desirable that you have Expert Witness experience.
As a key part of the UK business, your responsibilities will be varied but will broadly include:
- Preparation of Technical Specifications and checking the work/specifications of other Engineers in the team
- Leadership of projects on behalf of the group, taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Reviewing job financial performance and managing resources accordingly.
- Guiding less experienced team members in order to achieve the project success.
- Supporting delivery of the team's Performance and Development Review process.
- Providing support in seeking new work from existing clients.
- Preparing bid proposals and additional fee proposals (with the support of the Group Directors, Associate Directors and Bid team colleagues)
A full UK's driver's license is required for this role
For more information about this lucrative opportunity please contact Sam Smith at Calibre Search in Leeds or click apply
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.