Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Piped Services
Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Salary: £25,702 - £27,938 per annum
- Plus a recruitment and retention allowance of £2,000 per annum
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time
Closing Date for Mechanical Maintenance Engineer: 21st May 2021
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a “hands on” Maintenance Engineer within the Estates department, who will be responsible for the efficient day to day execution of maintenance activities relating to the mechanical piped services at STFC.
You will carry out maintenance duties to sustain and improve heating, chilled water, ventilation and air-conditioning services to support STFCs world-class scientific facilities.
The role is responsible for undertaking the efficient and effective day-to-day execution of maintenance activities relating to the heating and ventilation services.
You will also have an active role in the installation of new/replacement mechanical services and systems across the estate.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Other duties will include:
- The operation and maintenance of the estates mechanical services (heating, ventilation/compressed air and other piped services).
- Carrying out works effectively; through the STFC computer-aided facility management package
- Installation, operation, fault finding, repair and maintenance of a wide range of mechanical building services such as plumbing, heating and ventilation systems.
- Carrying out legionella related maintenance tasks, including system flushing, temperature tests, water sampling and storage vessel inspections.
The ideal candidate will have a recognised qualification in the mechanical sector - HVAC, Mechanical Engineering, Plumbing or Pipefitting. Along with
- Proven “hands on” experience in the building services industry
- Experience of fault finding in heating, ventilation and mechanical plant systems
- Knowledge of safety legislation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of Computer Aided Facility Management Systems (CAFM)
What we can offer you
We are offering a whole host of family friendly benefits including; 30 days leave plus public holidays, an excellent pension scheme, flexible working, a subsidised onsite nursery, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.