Electrical Design Engineer – Water
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because we look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
Our Water and Utilities team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with some of the UK’s most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK’s utility services.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will join our South East Hub to work on a variety of projects with our Utilities’ clients in the South East and along the M4 Corridor, whilst also having the opportunity to apply your expertise to projects across the UK.
Reporting to the Senior / Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for the project design output of their engineering discipline and client technical oversite to meet budget, timeframe and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis' services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and building networks within the industry.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member carrying out production of complex mechanical detailed designs including calculations, specifications, reports, and drawings.
- Providing and supporting in the design and advisory services relating to new and existing water and wastewater process plants, pumping stations and ancillary assets.
- Part of a multi-disciplinary team providing technical delivery of projects using the latest digital design techniques.
- Identify and develop innovative and optimised technical solutions based on client needs and drivers.
- Collaboratively work within multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., process, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and ICA)
- Establish and grow relationships with clients and capital alliance partners on project technical, commercial and progress matters.
- Ensuring projects meet required technical, legislative, quality, safety and environmental standards and objectives.
- Promote MEICA team capability and achievements both internally and externally.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or other directly related degree.
- Chartered Engineer status and membership of a professional institution such as IET, InstMC or CIWEM
- Significant experience in technical delivery of process plant systems on complex water industry engineering projects
- Experience of working on design and construct projects using digital design.
- Desired: Water and/or wastewater experience
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.