CNC Setter Operator/Part Programmer (Turner)
1x Early shift - 6.00am – 2.00pm (Mon-Thur)
1x Afternoon shift - 2.30pm/00.30am (Mon-Thur)
Contek are proud to be representing their client, an engineering solutions company operating on a global scale. Industries they serve include automotive, defence and power generation among others.
My client manufactures parts in a production environment. Whether you are an improver or an experienced CNC Setter/Operator you will be considered.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set & operate fanuc controlled lathes
- Able to read and edit programmes
- Carrying out first off inspections using hand held gauges, micrometers and verniers
- Working with a variety of exotic materials
- Working to tight tolerances
- Producing high volume batch work
- General CNC machine set up and trouble shooting
- Having a detailed understanding of engineering drawing, tooling selection, work holding & cutting strategy
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with a C grade pass in Maths and English.
A minimum of 2 years recent manufacturing experience
Able to operate fanuc controls
Attention to detail
Must be able to read from engineering drawings
Must be able to read from verniers and micrometers
Good level of interpersonal skills
Ability to make decisions
Ability to use initiative
Ability to implement and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
High level of honesty and integrity
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.