The successful graduate will work within a team of technical experts and will develop skills and knowledge to support clients to achieve CE marking, global market access and product compliance for a range of electrical devices. The applicant will have good interpersonal skills, a confidence working face-to-face with clients in this customer facing role and an aspiration to progress as a Product Safety Specialist in a global compliance organisation.
The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to join our Graduate Development/Progression Scheme to ensure a full understanding of all business functions and operations. The opportunity offers a competitive salary package and annual leave entitlement and support in finding local accommodation if required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out electrical safety testing and design assessments at TÜV SÜD and customers sites.
- Identification of compliance requirements and strategies with the ability to apply these using pragmatic and common-sense approach.
- Conducting factory inspections at clients manufacturing sites.
- Recording test results using various electronic logbook systems, leading to compilation of test summaries and reports in support of testing and certification activities.
- Close liaison with the Project Manager to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the timescales allowed.
- Ensuring the quality and throughput of work and, that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Working with the team to implement continuous improvement activities and develop procedures and processes to improve the efficiency of the testing service.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of electrical/electronic circuits.
- Motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic, with a drive to learn and develop.
- Good understanding of IT systems, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organisational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Conscientious with good interpersonal skills, customer skills and commercial awareness.
- Ability to deliver work independently or as a team to defined deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work, with a willingness to work overtime, on customer sites and occasional overseas trips as and when required.
- Full driving licence would be needed once established and competent within role due to requirement to travel to customer sites.
- Completion of an industry placement year relevant to their studies.
- Start Date:
- Contract Length:
- Contact Name:
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference:
- Job ID:
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.