Machinist - Full Time - York, United Kingdom
Join our RES UK York Service Centre, as our Machinist to help take our machine shop it to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Operation of large, manual machine tools such as Vertical Borers, Horizontal Borers and Lathes
- Machining of items during the repair process or manufacture of new items
- Accurately reading engineering drawings and written instruction
- Usage of measurement equipment such as micrometers and verniers.Clear and concise documentation and generation of dimensional sizes and runouts
- To ensure the safety of yourself and taking responsibility for looking out for the safety of other team members at all times and to keep up to date with any changes in the Health and Safety culture
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience of machining small to heavy industrial components (up to 20 tonnes in weight) from a wide range of industries including power, steel, crushing, mining, forging, cement, chemical, power, rail, oil, gas, water
- Apprentice trained/time served machining qualification
- Experience of working within a heavy engineering/machining background and experience of using large, manual machine tools (specialising in Vertical borers ranging in size from 30” – 120” diameter and Horizontal borers)
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written
- A strong and dedicated approach to Health & Safety and the desire to positively participate in improving of the Health & Safety culture of the organisation
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site car parking with designated electric charging points
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Long service awards
Location: York is a city with a lot to offer with, a wide variety of shops, theatres and fab restaurants. As well as cool bars and a pub for almost every day of the year.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
82% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work – so come and join our story, starting today!
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.