Highways Design Engineer – South Dublin
Euro Executive recruitment has been retained by its client to recruit a Design Engineer to join their Highways and Transportation department for a position based in South Dublin. This is a permanent role based in our clients head office in Dún Laoghaire. Our client are a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy in Ireland.
Competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate.
- Working with multi-disciplinary project teams to integrate modelling, design, procure and supervise highway, transport and infrastructural projects, using Irish and TexDOT design standards
- Working on projects in a collaborative Level 2 BIM environment
- Complying with company systems
- Ensuring an understanding of project management objectives
- Engaging with clients and design teams for project delivery
- A Degree in Civil Engineering as a minimum; a masters qualification would be advantageous
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in road design and/or transport planning
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Texas (USA) Department of Transport (TexDoT) standards and procedures
- Road and junction design experience
- Road design experience in pavements, drainage, NMU, traffic control plns and highways ancilliaries
- Experience in HEC-RAS flow analysis software and FLUENT
- Excellent IT skills and competent in relevant BIM applications (incl.: AutoCAD & AutoCAD Civil 3D)
- Knowledge and experience of data analysis within a road design / transport planning context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you would like any more information on this role, please contact Darren O’Keeffe or to apply, click 'Apply Now'
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.