Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental & Consents Specialist to join our team to work in Birmingham.
As Environmental & Consents Specialist your main purpose will be to consolidate the environmental consents currently identified. As well as to support the process of obtaining environmental consents, in a timely manner, from each environmental consent granting body associated with the delivery of the N1/N2 sections of HS2.
What you'll be doing:
- Obtain all identified Environmental Consents required for operational activities, as required
- Assist in the identification and consolidation of the necessary Environmental Consents that may be required recognising that requirements may change during the duration of the project
- Support the process of obtaining environmental consents
- Liaison with LA’s, Environment Agency, CRT and other CGB’s as necessary to deliver consents as required by the construction programme
- Provide feedback as required to commercial and delivery teams regarding environmental obligations as relevant to the consenting process
- Record all communications with third parties as evidence to support consent process
- Contribute to the development of knowledge within Construction teams and in the monitoring process to assist in ensuring consent compliance
What skills & experience are we looking for:
- Experience of obtaining Environmental Consents
- Experience of effective communication with the relevant CGB (Consenting Granting Bodies)
- Experience in managing the Environmental Consents process on a major development scheme and/or major infrastructure project
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams on complex projects
- Awareness and understanding of current Environmental legislation
- Proven record of working effectively on the environmental aspects of major projects, including securing Consents in a timely manner and ensuring compliance.
- Membership of an Environmental Institute such as IEMA or equivalent.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.