For almost 60 years, Hozelock has specialised in finding and meeting the needs of gardeners. We combine a knowledge and passion for gardening with a pride in craftsmanship to develop a comprehensive range of watering, spraying, plant protection & pond solutions to help gardens to flourish & come to life.
Our Head Office is based in Minworth, Birmingham (UK), and we are looking for a Design Engineer to join us on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate should have experience in designing and developing new products using 3D CAD.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a proven track record of successful product design in consumer durables and/or plastic injection mould components.
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday
- Free onsite parking
- Pension entitlement
- Health cash plan
- Company bonus
Duties will involve:
- Designing new products on 3D CAD
- Testing new products and using analysis to review/improve product design
- Build, test and analyse own kit
- Developing innovative ideas for new products
- Prototyping new products as required
- Evaluating competitors products
- Concept design
- 5 years’ experience within a similar position
- 3D CAD design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial brief and marketing
- Work experience within a manufacturing environment
- Self-starter who shows initiative
- Work experience liaising with the far east on new products
The role is working our office hours 8.30am – 4.45pm Monday to Thursday and 3.45pm finish Fridays. There will be flexibility required to meet deadlines.
No agencies please.
“Gardening for life”
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.