As an Engineering Supervisor you will:
- Lead the engineering shift team to create a high performing culture where team members are motivated, engaged, and supported to develop and achieve their potential.
- Plan and prioritise the shift workload for the engineering team to enable production targets to be achieved by maximising machinery up time
- Execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule to maximise machinery up time and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensure all plant and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times
- Ensure that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues work safely at all times
- Ensure the shift engineering team adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) ensuring compliance with manufacturing unit food safety requirements
Are you a multi-skilled Engineering Supervisor looking for a new technically challenging and varied role within an FMCG environment?
We are seeking an Engineering Supervisor at our Northampton site to lead a team of Engineers who maintain and improve the performance of all plant equipment to achieve maximum machine availability targets.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.What we’re looking for
- Be a time served accredited apprentice or hold an engineering specific qualification at level 3 or above
- Previous experience as a Team or Shift lead is desirable
- Have experience in both electrical and mechanical fault finding
- Possess knowledge of maintenance of Engineering Systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally have prior Food/FMCG manufacturing experience
- Have prior experience of leading a team in a Supervisory role
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.