Maintenance Lead - Food Manufacturing
Shift based, 3 on 3 off
Up to £50,000
Our Clients are a leading international food manufacturer, with their site in Tutbury being a specialist beverage producer. They are currently looking for strong engineering leaders.
The Lead Operating Engineer will own, co-ordinate, help operate and make decisions for their line on their shift, according to operational needs (business needs, resources, etc.), ensuring the required finished products are manufactured to plan, quality and safety requirements.
Reporting directly to the Line Performance Manager, the Lead Operating Engineer will organize, support and coach the line operators and technical operators and have the ability and leadership skills to manage most day to day issues on the line.
The Lead Operating Engineer will be responsible for the line results within their shift and will be the first response to breakdowns or process failures on their line requiring engineering support. They will help drive the execution of activities within the shift and provide technical expertise to reduce both technical and production losses through coaching, training, participating in problem solving, implementing solutions, sharing knowledge and building technical competence of their team.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Engineering qualification or Technical college degree (e.g. mechanical, electrical) with practical experience in engineering in a FMCG industry (3 years minimum) including knowledge of line operation, ideally time served apprenticeship
- Experience working in multifunctional team (i.e. capital projects, DMAIC) preferred
- Experience in coordinating, motivating and leading people.
- Experience in implementing TPM / Problem solving tools
- Knowledge of systems
- Committed to ensure an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations, in relation to product quality, people and environment safety
The Recruitment Process:
The recruitment process for these roles will be an interview process based on leadership and team management, a technical interview and problem solving exercise.
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.