MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Design Engineer to work on a permanent basis for their world-renowned client. This role is based in Dunfermline, Fife and reports into their UK Managing Director.
With over 70 years of experience, my client is a global company, with a diverse customer base throughout the world and a market leader within their respective field. Their philosophy and winning approach which is built around exceptional quality, ground-breaking innovation and unrivalled reliability.
The successful Design Engineer will be responsible for the research and design of a company's new products and systems. They perform various tasks in an engineering department including drafting blueprints, creating test prototypes, and overseeing the manufacturing process.
- Degree in Design Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of structural steel design and associated production techniques with knowledge of welding standards and procedures would be a distinct advantage.
- Several years Design experience in relevant industry.
- Experience in manufacturing drawing generation (Auto-Cad) for a production environment.
Ensure the highest standards of H&S are maintained across the site
- To develop innovative engineering solutions to meet product development requirements in line with company standards and objectives.
- To promote production engineering and manufacturing solutions and their implementation to improve output and enhance the products.
- Studying design briefs, thinking of possible design solutions
- In-house design and technical support roles for all areas of engineering and production.
- To provide hands-on engineering support with the ability to organise/coordinate staff.
Assessing the usability, environmental impact and H&S of designs by modifying and retesting them
- Good practical engineering skills with previous working knowledge of MRP systems and specifically BOM's.
- Proficient in MS office.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- A good team player and be able to demonstrate reliability, flexibility and initiative.
- Previous knowledge of the weighing industry would be an advantage.
- Competitive Salary & Car Allowance
- Holiday Allowance
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.