Jackson Hogg is currently recruiting for an experienced design engineer, who will be responsible for design products from the concept as well as working with existing design amendments.
- To undertake conceptual design work in support of bearing tenders, and detail design work for contracts and new product development
- To produce and manage models and engineering drawings within CAD systems
- To utilize the company’s component databases to promote the reuse of existing designs
- To perform calculations using the company’s suite of software
- To perform structural strength of materials calculations
- To participate in design review meetings
- To liaise with other departments, customers, and suppliers in support of the above
- To prepare a list of parts that forms the skeleton for the bill of materials
- To generate and transfer the required departmental design documentation deliverables
Required skills and experience:
- Degree/HNC/HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Experience in designing castings, fabrications and precision machined, close tolerances, turned and milled components.
- Familiarity with international standards/directives related to the design and testing of products for use in naval, nuclear, and hazardous area applications would be beneficial.
- Experience in the full design life cycle with excellent 3D CAD modelling and 2D technical drawing skills (preferably Creo or Pro/Engineer).
- A good understanding of Mathcad, Windchill, and Microsoft Office applications is also desirable.
If you are looking for the next step on the career ladder, then please do not hesitate to apply, or contact Margaret on (phone number removed).
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.