We are looking for a Structural Engineer to join our growing Hemel Hempstead office. You will have already been successful in delivering a range of Structural Engineering projects in the public and private sector and will have 3+ years’ experience in a consultancy environment.
Role Summary: You will report to the Principal Engineer for your team and will have responsibility for the successful technical and commercial execution of project work, including managing personnel and resources. A good communicator and able to develop relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking analysis and design calculations
- Preparation of sketches and drawings
- Preparation of reports
- Understanding and implementing business management systems
- Assisting with the management of junior staff
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, or alternative equivalent practical experience
- Working toward becoming Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, Member of ICE or other relevant institution
- 3+ years’ experience in a consulting environment
- Knowledge of UK structural engineering design standards and Eurocodes
- Proven ability in engineering design & reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.