KN Circet are currently recruiting for FTTP Surveyors across the UK. As FTTP Surveyor, you will be responsible for surveying and producing planning design packs containing information of both civils and cabling under the FTTP Architecture.
Responsibilities as FTTP Surveyor include:
- Surveying and validation of proposed fibre routes.
- Surveying, planning & design of the FTTP networks from the Point of Presence to the Premise and including Spine surveys.
- External fibre network design.
- Chamber & duct construction design.
- Cabling and splicing design.
- Survey HLD trunk routes to ensure we are choosing the most effective route possible.
- Validate PIA on sites and identify issues and required work arounds (civils, new ducts, chambers etc).
- Create survey complete packs and provide effective updates to desk-based planners.
- Perform detailed surveys.
- Identification of individual house or multi-dwelling building.
- Identify existing telecom connections.
- Existing manhole assessments (location, type, conditions)
- Existing pole assessments (location, type, conditions)
- Surveyor will be self-sufficient.
Essential Knowledge Required:
- FTTP Architecture, Openreach experience.
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF writer, Visio, GIS ArcPro and ORION (preferred)
- Fibre Network Planning and surveying experience.
- A minimum of 2 years good experience of working in a Fibre Network Planning Environment.
- Knowledge of or experience working in the Openreach network.
- Ability to carry out detailed surveys of the built environment and capture the most feasible and cost-effective solution for new build in accordance with the specifications.
- Skilled at identifying any potential SED or specific Traffic Management requirements and ability to determine at planning stage, any specific wayleave requirements.
- Experience using GIS platforms.
- Ability to use a smartphone, a tablet or a laptop with a Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Valid Accreditation, Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- Openreach PIA Duct & PIA Pole Survey Valid Accreditations. A9, S2, A8, S5 S11, S13.
- Up-to-date certification in Manual Handling & First Aid at Work.
- Able to follow design schematics and management direction.
About KN Circet
KN Circet are an international group of companies employing over 3,500 employees and has been in operation since 1975. We are providers in the Telecommunications, Civil Engineering, Rail, Electricity, Energy and Power Service sectors across Ireland, the UK and Internationally.
Whilst achieving rapid growth in recent years, we maintain an embedded tradition to satisfy our clients’ needs while delivering the highest standard of safety, quality and customer service. At KN Circet our staff are offered a working environment that encourages their input and has common values and goals. Our culture is characterised by transparency, inclusiveness and trust.
We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
KN Circet values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
If you feel you have the required experience and are looking to join a dynamic team in a company that will provide market leading training and career development opportunities, please forward your CV for the attention of James Darby.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role and only candidates who meet the required minimum criteria will be contacted in relation to their application.
Personal information which is supplied during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within KN Circet.
KN Circet have a commitment to sourcing candidates directly through our internal Recruitment Specialist and as such we do not accept speculative and unsolicited CV’s from agencies. KN Circet work with a defined list of preferred suppliers (PSL) who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles. In line with our agreed PSL, KN Circet will only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of our recruitment team.
KN Circet do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV’s are submitted by any means other than through our agreed recruitment process. Where a recruitment agency submits a speculative or unsolicited CV, KN Circet reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fees. Submission of any unsolicited CV’s and proposals to KN Circet will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of this policy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.