Are you an experienced Maintenance Engineer who takes pride in ensuring all manufacturing machinery remains in tip top working condition? If so then we have just the job for you! We are currently recruiting a team of Maintenance Engineers for our brand new timber frame factory in Bardon Leicestershire.
Who are we?
We create places people love - places of character, designed to strengthen people’s sense of belonging and build enduring value for all. We achieve this through building new homes and neighbourhoods of lasting quality. Countryside operates nationally across 16 existing regions and two timber frame factories! Right now, as part of our growth we are fitting out a brand new timber frame factory.
Purpose of the Role for Maintenance Engineer
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all machinery is in correct working order and escalating where appropriate any concerns which may affect productivity. You will be taking care of an array of machinery and ensuring that all minor maintenance repairs are carried out, within a manufacturing plant producing modular timber frame panels.
Skills and Experience for Maintenance Engineer
- You will be an experienced Maintenance Engineer, with a proven track record of being able to carry out minor maintenance work on a variety of machinery
- You will have previous experience of working in a manufacturing plant ensuring that repairs are carried out correctly and safely, ideally in a timber frame environment
- You will have a thorough understanding of process improvement by being able to monitor and improve efficiencies within the engineering team, with a specific focus on planned preventative maintenance
- Previous experience working with CNC woodworking machinery would be highly desirable
- HNC / ONC or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering would be advantageous
Key Responsibilities of Maintenance Engineer
- Responsible for scheduling and undertaking planned preventative maintenance tasks on all machinery used within the factory, including blade/cutter changes on different pieces of machinery
- Work closely with the health and safety department, ensuring compliance and adherence to all relevant policies and procedures at all times
- Resolve mechanical breakdowns on all equipment within the production area quickly and efficiently, with the safety and wellbeing of our people being our key priority
- Responsible for monitoring the air handling plant and resolving any breakdowns with the plant as is necessary
- Provide engineering support to other production departments or site services as required by the needs of the business
What's in it for you?
We start by putting our people first. We offer industry leading salaries and benefit packages, inclusive of an excellent bonus scheme, family health care, a generous pension, and a full range of flexible benefits to suit you. On top of this, and as part of our Culture Transformation, we offer flexible working, Christmas off “for free”, freshly refurbished offices and we dress for our day! We also invest heavily in our people and are passionate about helping them succeed.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.