Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Embedded Software Engineer for a 12 month contract based in the Midlands 2/3 days per week (currently remote).
Purpose of the Role:
- The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for delivering multiple applied research and development (R&D) and product development projects on Embedded Software Design for aerospace, marine and land-based Battery Management Systems (BMS).
As a Embedded Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Provide technical expertise into the development of BMS embedded software technologies and solutions.
- Maintain a good understanding of 'state-of-the-art' in embedded systems software design.
- Develop advanced BMS embedded software for safety critical applications in aerospace.
- Working towards becoming a subject matter expert (SME) for embedded software and represent RRE on embedded software design both internally and externally.
- Deliver design documentation and support Verification & Validation process to relevant standards.
- Actively work with suppliers to acquire the new technologies including embedded software development and verification tools.
What we require from the candidate:
- Prior experience with software development for BMS (Battery Management Systems).
- Good conceptual knowledge of and have done VHDL/Verilog coding for aerospace or automotive or industrial embedded controllers
- Experience in developing firmware and application software in embedded ModelSim, QuestaSim, C/C++, Matlab/Simulink, Model Based Design, HDL coder and/or Verilog/ VHDL.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model. We are unable to accept applications from candidates wishing to operate under their own Limited Company.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.