Maintenance Manager – Birmingham area (B18)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
A Maintenance Manager is required to join a long-established sub contract electroplating company in Birmingham (B18). This is a ‘hands-on’ role where you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and preventative maintenance to all areas of the business. This includes amongst others, mechanical, electrical and plumbing repairs as well as building and property maintenance.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Reacting to breakdowns undertaking mechanical, electrical and plumbing (gas and water) repairs.
- Maintenance of calibration records in line with ISO9000 and ISO14000 registration.
- Installation of new plant and equipment.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance and identify areas for improvement.
- To source/collect spare parts from local suppliers if required.
- Ensure that all work carried out is undertaken using safe working practices.
- Liaise with sub-contractors on work and projects undertaken.
- Fault finding both Electrically, Mechanically and PLC.
Required Skills & Experiences
Our ideal candidate will have a background in:
- Multi-Skilled background is essential, being able to undertake both mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Understanding of steam raisers, pumps, PLCs and process software preferred but not essential.
- Proven track record of working within an electroplating environment will be an advantage.
- Must be able to work on your own and be self-motivated.
- Potential call outs out of hours to react to breakdowns and / or out of hours concerns.
- A current and valid driving license would be advantageous.
- Have the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures.
- Have team working skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Have the confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.