We are seeking to recruit an experienced Civil (Infrastructure) Engineer to build our team in our Henley on Thames office.The successful candidate will have effective project and client management skills together with a high standard of written and oral communication. We are looking for a team worker with a positive approach who enjoys generating and applying creative solutions to project challenges. Sound commercial awareness is vital.
Civil (Infrastructure) Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
- Site audits and feasibility assessments.
- Growing civil engineering expertise as well as maintaining and developing Client relationships.
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing.
Civl (Infrastructure) Engineer Key Skills & Experience
- Relevant degree plus 3+ years’ experience in a civil engineering role
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- Experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack.
- Experience using ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.
- Experience of negotiations with highway authorities, drainage authorities and Environment Agency.
- Knowledge of national guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, etc.
Simpson Associates is a well-established structural and civil engineering consultancy with offices in Henley on Thames, Gloucester and London.
We undertake high profile commercial and residential development projects across the UK.
We have a broad client base including long standing relationships with major national clients such as Whitbread plc, Merlin Entertainments, Marston’s Inns and Taverns, Costa Coffee, Galliard and Cala and many more as well as high value private clients.
We offer excellent career prospects, the opportunity to be part of a lively team with a breadth of experience in a dynamic business. We have a breadth of experience in the organisation with much expertise in driving the career development of ambitious civil engineers.
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.