We are looking for a Mechanical Quality Inspector to join our client’s team in Braintree.
Our client is a manufacturer of precision ball and roller bearings and other high-accuracy machined components. They are part of a group who are world leaders in the manufacture and supply of a wide range of linear motion products and precision components for automation and special purpose machine projects.
As Quality Inspector, you will provide quality control support to the production team by troubleshooting using an array of in-depth inspection techniques on a daily basis. Our client has a high mix environment, so you will need to be comfortable working with a broad spectrum of parts.
This role is a key part of the quality team ensuring our client’s reputation for quality is maintained at a high standard. You will support adherence to quality standards (ISO 9001:2015) by approving materials, in-process production and finished parts. In addition to manual inspection work, you will be responsible for conducting internal audits, calibration activities and involvement in CAPA (Corrective Action Preventative Action).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complete a programme of training to be conducted within the Quality Assurance Department
- Measurement and inspection of turned, ground and assembled components
- Goods-in inspection and documentation (material, components and subcontract)
- Conduct in-process/final inspection activity and maintain accurate records
- Assist in improving the process capability of machined components
- Complete machine capability studies
- Assist with machine trials
- Conduct and record calibration and auditing activities
- Set gauging required for the production of components
- Carry out tasks and duties as directed by the Quality Manager
For the role of Quality Inspector, we are looking for an individual with a keen interest in all aspects of Quality Assurance and on-the-job training will be provided. To be successful in your application, you will need to have or be:
- Previous work experience within manufacturing or within a quality-focused role
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent / completed an engineering apprenticeship / internal auditing qualification
- Able to read and use manual inspection equipment including micrometers, Vernier’s and protractors
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel
- Able to work efficiently and accurately
- Highly motivated with excellent attention to detail
Hours & Rewards
As Quality Inspector, you will work 39 hours per week from 7.30am to 4pm Monday to Thursday, and 7.30am to 3pm on Fridays.
There is a great package on offer including:
- Salary of £24,000 to £25,000 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday PLUS bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Health care cash back scheme (after qualifying period)
- Company pension (after qualifying period)
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is advertising on behalf of the Hiring Company and your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Manufacturing, mechanical, engineering, inspector, inspection, precision engineering, mechanical inspector, quality, quality control, quality assurance, quality inspector, CAPA, micrometer, vernier, calibration, internal audit, manual inspection,
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.