Contek are working with a Precision Engineering company based in Stonehouse who are looking for a Planner / Estimator in a CNC engineering shop. The role requires someone from a CNC machining background who can estimate costs on customer quotations, create route cards & BOM’s on our MRP system, and plan production schedules withing the Workshop.
Would be an ideal role for a time served and experienced CNC machinist to progress into management
The applicant must have an eye for detail as our BOM’s detail everything down to nut & bolt level.
Working hours are 39 Hrs / week, based on a 4 ½ day system (half day Fridays), applicant will need to be flexible and work extra hours when required to. 25 Days Holiday ( + bank holidays )
- Managing work from Customer to completion.
- Estimation and Quotation of CNC manufactured parts.
- Purchasing materials, components and Sub-contractors.
- Production Readiness meetings.
- Liaison with General manager – problem solving.
- Customer delivery reporting and communication.
- Management of project folders on the server in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all duties are completed in a timely and responsible manner.
- Maintain morale at all levels of the company structure.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.