Facilities and Office Manager - Harwell, Oxford, Oxfordshire
Up to £35-45,000 DoE, 30% Bonus, 25%+ Pension Contribution, 30 Days Holiday
As the Facilities Management (FM) Office Services Manager you will ensure the smooth delivery of customer focused soft services and office facilities to support, facilitate, and enable staff and visitors to work efficiently and effectively within RWM managed property.
RWM’s vision as an organisation is to create a safer future by managing radioactive waste effectively, to protect people and the environment, collaborating with experts on multi-million-pound research programmes and radioactive waste producers to find ways to package it that are suitable for disposal in a Geological Disposal Facility.
- Intelligent customer for the delivery of FM and other corporate support services, including the identification of business needs, development of requirements and the management of service delivery performance.
- In conjunction with internal stakeholders develop, agree, and implement a cost-effective FM Customer Service strategy that has a high quality ‘customer experience’ as the focus of all activities. Work to ensure that FM understands the needs of its customers, and that staff and visitors from multiple organisations are supported, facilitated, and enabled in achieving their goals.
- Manage the daily operations of designated office facilities with the goal of optimising the utilisation of space, creating customer satisfaction, and enhancing the reputation of the organisation; establish ways-of-working that support the smooth flow of office operations and create a professional and diplomatic office management service.
- Coordinate the operational day-to-day delivery of a range of soft services with nominated external contractors in a manner that maximises the quality of services, value for money, and productivity. Work with stakeholders to continuously improve services and ensure that they adapt and respond to the needs of the business.
You will be expected to support and implement corporate decisions and initiatives as instructed by the Executive. Leadership, team working, influencing and motivational skills are required, together with the ability to communicate at all levels.
Skills and Experience
- Previous Facilities Management (FM) experience at a supervisory level, with responsibility for delivering FM services within broad corporate objectives and service delivery schedules.
- Full current awareness of the issues and challenges involved in modern office management, customer services, and agile workplaces.
- Experience of procurement and management of outsourced services.
- Proven customer management skills, including the management of staff and visitors from multiple organisations, and the ability to work flexibly on parallel tasks, often to tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills to interpret requirements from engineers, scientists, and managers from a variety of disciplines, both internally and externally.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal skills, commercial skills and customer focus, with a demonstrable track-record of delivering quality customer services in a dynamic workplace environment.
- Technical or Graduate Membership of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or equivalent NEBOSH certificate (or equivalent FM service management qualification).
- Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management).
Protecting current and future generations is at the heart of Radioactive Waste Management’s (RWM) mission to deliver the UK’s first Geological Disposal Facility (GDF) and provide radioactive waste management solutions.
Contact Clare O'Brien at Thomas Thor for more information or click on the apply button to register your interest.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.