Salary Negotiable DOE
40 Hours a week / Days
Skillection are working with their manufacturing client in Holmfirth assisting them with the appointment of a great Mechanical Engineer for their organisation.
The main purpose of the role will be to complement the existing maintenance team with strong mechanical skills and experience. Provide mechanical support in all matters relating to the operations of the business in production as well as future projects and improvements.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Project work.
- Improvements in quality in every area of the business.
- Work on Health/safety for all the departments.
- Work to a preventive maintenance plan.
- Liaise with other team members on working practices.
- Implementing housekeeping and tidiness.
- Be able to work in a team and individually.
- Any other duties as required.
- Experience with Textile Machinery which would require a good understanding of stenters, jet dyeing, semi atmospheric dyeing, inspection, industrial boilers, cropping, water supply systems, effluent control and air filtration.
- Must have the relevant qualifications for the position,
- Tig & MMA welding on Mild steel/Stainless-steel is essential,
- A good knowledge of all Mechanical Engineering is essential,
- Experience with various types of pump repairs,
- Must have good knowledge of bearings, chains and belts,
- Must have a good knowledge of steam systems & operations,
- Must be able to read and understand Pneumatic & Hydraulic schematic drawings,
- Must be able to use pipe threading machinery for various pipe fitting work,
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems would be an advantage but not essential,
- Good knowledge and comfortable working on a lathe,
- Basic plumbing knowledge advantage,
- Good awareness of Health and Safety practices
- Must be able to work at heights using various steps, ladders and scaffolding,
- Must be able to use power tools and hand tools,
Be a good team player
Good communication between the team and other departments
Able to work under pressure and use own initiative
Be safety conscious
Reliable and punctual
Self-motivated and flexible
Ability to adjust
Enthusiastic and professional
Decision Making Authority
Be able to assess existing systems and develop methods to increase efficiencies or limit breakdowns relating to mechanical systems.
Constantly be in tune with movements of personnel and machinery and act upon potential unsafe situations and implement preventative actions.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity please submit your CV via the online instructions or contact Helen for more information.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.