Truss Design Technician - Tannochside, North Lanarkshire
Our client is a leading UK independent house builder, contractor and development company and they now need an experienced Truss Design Technician to join their team in Tannochside.
Established for over 40 years, the group has a reputation for quality and have won several awards for their work. Reporting into the Senior Design Technician, the role will be responsible for carrying out the design of timber frame superstructures, roofs, and joinery. To be considered for the role you must have experience in designing timber frame / roof trusses.
Role & Responsibilities
- Quantifying materials / components
- Reading and translating from the agreed architectural design, specification, and structural engineering
- Ensure that the design will be in line with client's budget and quality standards
- Ensure accuracy of pre-design, production for walls floors, roofs, setting out and detail drawings; fabrication for steel, stair flights, etc
- Quantification and creation of Bills of Materials for all structural and joinery components, document control
- Ensure design meets agreed standards for programme compliance, quality, and materials budget
- Ensure designs are value engineered to support internal and external customers with design related queries
- Proactively offer appropriate solutions using alternative materials and possible post contract variations
Required Skills & Experience
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- A good working knowledge of Consultec timber frame software or Mitek / Gangnail truss design software
- Experience working specifically within timber frame construction sector
What you get back
- Salary Circa £30,000 per annum
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits Package
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Truss Design Technician Job in Tannochside, North Lanarkshire - Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Job Ref: 11578)
Timber Frame Designer, Truss Designer, Timber Frame Design Technician, Roof Truss Designer
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.