Job Title: Gas Team Leader
Reporting to: Project Manager / Multi Utility Operations Manager
Direct Reports: Gas Team Assistant
Job Location: National
Responsible for a team in the installation of Gas Infrastructure (on and off site works)
- Always work safely wearing relevant PPE that is supplied.
- Install and commission gas infrastructure as instructed, ensuring that all work is undertaken to a high standard of safety and technical quality by following all appropriate generic and specific method statements, work procedures and safety instructions
- Accept delivery of plant and materials and check fitness for purpose prior to use
- Ensure vehicles, plant and equipment remain in good condition, and report any defects to the Project Manager
- Identify at an early stage all contract variations and report to the Project Manager and work in accordance with the company Variation and Deviations Procedure
- Complete site specific risk assessments on a daily basis and ensure maintenance of a safe working environment
- Act as a Competent Person for ROs and NROs (if applicable)
- Attend “toolbox talks” and other training courses as required
- Record details of work undertaken and submit for invoicing in the required timescale
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Project Manager that fall within the general experience scope of the candidate.
Qualifications & Skills
- Significant experience and/or relevant qualifications
- GN02 for Main Laying/Service Laying
- NRSWA certificate for operatives
- Gas Network Safety Passport
- SCO1, 2, 4 & 5
- Machine Excavation up to 10T (you or your team assistant must have this)
- Working knowledge of relevant current Legislation, Technical Standards & Specifications, Codes of Practice and guidance notes relating to the gas utility
- Full UK driving license.
- Performance & development of team members
- Professional, compliant, ‘right first time’ and ‘can do’ mentality
- Problem solver who gives attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Resilient and reliable
- Approachable, informative & helpful.
- People Focus
- Safety Focus
- Communication Focus
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Decision Focus
- First Line Manager
Mission, Values and Vision
The mission and values are BUUK’s guiding principles for the behaviours we expect our employees to perform in their work and conduct themselves, to achieve our vision.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.