A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of the Leading Manufacturers and disributors in the manufacture wood burning, multi-fuel, gas and electric stoves, fires and fireplaces in the UK as Field Service Engineer.
Reporting directly to the Technical Customer Services Manager, you will work closely with the South West based Service team. Your primary responsibility will be the completion of warranty and annual service work for Gas, Electric and Solid Fuel heating appliances. The role will include diagnosing faults and repairing appliances in a timely and cost effective manner. During off peak periods, the role will also include carrying out the maintenance of appliances within dealer’s showrooms and completing chargeable annual servicing for customers.
Although the role will cover a pre-determined area, travel to most areas of the UK will be necessary and will involve being away from home for up to 4 nights each week. The role will provide a fully equipped van, laptop/iPad and phone, Fuel Card & Night away allowance.
- To be an ambassador for the group creating a professional and courteous approach when dealing with customers.
- To ensure all service and warranty calls are carried out in a professional, timely and accurate manner, ensuring that the issues are properly and fully resolved during the first visit.
- To correctly identify the reason for the reported issue and determine whether that issue falls within a company manufacturing fault or an installation/user fault, which will then be charged on site to the customer. To up sell chargeable service work whilst on site and take payment using the supplied payment terminals.
- To document and report on all calls and problems identified in the field to the technical department in an accurate and timely manner.
- To ensure the end user’s safety in accordance with all the relevant regulations for installation and use.
- To issue any safety notices if required and to inform the relevant personnel.
- To ensure faulty parts are returned adequately labelled for testing.
- In addition to these functions, you will be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, such as training dealers or other group staff.
- Be responsible for ensuring the vehicle supplied is also kept in a clean and tidy condition. Furthermore, you will need to keep all servicing and maintenance up to date, including regularly checking the oil and water levels.
- The weekly route will be planned by the Service & Warranty team.
- Service calls will be detailed on The Engineer Portal which will contain all of the information required for the call.
- The service engineer is responsible for recording all of the tests and work carried out as well as the faults found. This recording will need to be completed on the laptop/iPad and uploaded regularly to the Sales Logix database via the Service Engineer portal.
- Proven experience of working with heating appliances or servicing comparable equipment in the field.
- Full driving licence.
- The Service Engineers are required to have and maintain the following training certificates to carry out the work:
CCN1 (Domestic Core Gas Safety),
HTR1 (Gas Fires & Wall Heaters),
CONGLP1 (LPG Changeover)
CPA1 – Combustion Analysis o GAS SAFE requirements (OFTEC also an advantage)
The following qualifications whilst not essential, would be an advantage:
Part P Electrical Safety
Electrical safe isolation
Hetas H002 (Solid fuel regulations and Standards)
Hetas H003 (Dry Appliance Installer)
Hetas H004 (Wet Appliance installer)
Hetas H006 (Internal twin wall chimney system installer)
Suitable experience within the heating industry will also be taken into account for applicants without the essential qualifications.
- Good verbal communication skills in a face to face environment.
- Being naturally customer focused, with a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Be confident in discussing payment requirements with customers face to face.
- Proactive approach to keeping records and reports up to date.
- Diplomatic nature to ensure company policy is followed and customers are left satisfied.
- Knowledge of software programmes including email and Word.
- Flexibility to carry out a wide ranging role that will vary across the year
In the first instance please email your CV and we'll get right back to you.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.