Design Engineer – Mallusk – Competitive Salary
Clemence Rogers are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a growing trailer manufacturing company based in Mallusk.
Key responsibilities of a Mechanical Design Engineer:
• Ensure appropriate checking & review of all documents and drawings before release at any stage including revision status.
• Control of quality of engineering documents with regard to quality assurance basis.
• Oversee all allocated engineering projects and workflow, and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
• Escalate resource, infrastructure issues, concern areas that implicate the production process, to the right stakeholders.
• Own the process of preparation of design deliverables with due consideration for applicable codes and standards.
• Take ownership of deliverables produced & their quality.
• Capture all changes and modifications in the deliverables that has been intimated by project, prior to release of deliverable.
• Attend project review meetings.
• Keep line management informed on progress of project, with agreed periodicity.
• Produce brand specific designs, meeting current and historic specifications and current legislation.
• Produce and control bills of materials and maintain assemblies through the supply chain system.
• Provide technical skills to develop existing and new products and develop methods within the manufacturing process.
• Control and issue all drawings associated with the company products.
• Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept and budgeting activities.
• Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and in budget.
• Experience of 3-D CAD Design.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD software
• Working knowledge of stress loading and material properties
• Qualified to a minimum HNC / degree level in an Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
• Experience within the commercial vehicle sector would be preferred.
• Experience of designing an engineered product working to specific industry standards.
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Proficient with MS Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects etc.
• Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills and root cause analysis.
• Able to work independently or in team environment.
• Understanding of FMEA an design for manufacture and assembly (DFMA)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.