Brooksbank Valves are one of the UK's leading valve manufacturers of high-quality isolation valves for the Oil & Gas, Naval Marine, Fine Gas & Chemical Markets
The successful candidate will work as part of a small, highly skilled team developing new and existing product ranges and supporting the sales team with design and technical information. A degree in Mechanical Engineering is essential along with valve or fluid handling experience.
Key responsibilities for the role are:
- Communicate with the other team members and other departments with respect to engineering issues.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of BOM’s and drawings.
- Produce design reports and calculations.
- Detailed knowledge of National and International standards.
- Good knowledge of applications and material selection.
- General problem solving skills.
- Creation of new designs to satisfy specific customer requirements.
- Communicate with sub contract machinists and foundries.
- Experience with Solidworks
Our ideal candidate with possess the following competencies / personal attributes:
- Good team working and a team player
- Shows initiative
- Good communicator with excellent customer focus
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and commitment to the role
- Good knowledge of actuation
- Good knowledge of CI
- Be procedure driven and process minded
- Have a knowledge of Efac’s or other similar applications
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary in line with the experience of the candidate and benchmarked salary levels
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days running January to December, per annum
- Pension contributions above statutory rates
- 36½ hour working week with an early finish on Friday
IF YOU FIT THIS CRITERIA, PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING WITH CV AND COVERING LETTER STATING YOUR SALARY
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.