Must be from a nuclear background, an experiences Project Manager with experience of decommissioning waste management, strategy development and implementation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included.
- Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals.
- Work with key stakeholders to manage the deployment of all aspects of the project assigned to.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of products.
- Operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Programme Director and other team members as directed.
- Project Manage all aspects of specific work packages.
- Working with stakeholders to ensure Design; Delivery; Technical Build; testing; MI requirements etc are managed and delivered to date and time.
- Completion of detailed plan for the medium term including MSP; Resources; costs Completion of the detailed design phase to time and quality; working with the Design team to secure stakeholder sign-off at all stages.
- Development of stakeholder relationship with suppliers; including preparation of joint plans; proposals and any design and build documentation.
- Completion of the high level plan through to Go Live and BAU handover.
- Experience in the delivery of projects; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders.
- Experience of governance and risk control frameworks.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Strong leadership; people and communications skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.