Let's help build your future by finding a home for your talent!
Our housebuilding business operates across 13 regional offices, which are currently developing around 200 sites across England. The design and construction blend tradition and innovation, creating homes and developments with contemporary living standards. Our product range includes one-bedroom apartments through to larger five-bedroom family homes.
In a Nutshell:
We have a great opportunity for Adoptions Engineer to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding East Midlands, at our Peterborough office. The Adoption Engineer is responsible for the adoption of roads, sewers, pumping stations, and public open spaces, as well as handing over estates to Management Companies within the East Midlands Region and to ensure tight control of all bonds and costs associated with these works. It is paramount to ensure infrastructure works are carried out in accordance with the approved documentation and engage with Build teams to ensure timely completion of works and to reduce the occurrence of errors and barriers to adoption/hand-over. Manage the process to secure the adoption and release of associated bonds or handover information to the Management Companies.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities -
The role will include, but not limited to
- Work with the Build & Commercial Departments to ensure a timely sign-off/handover for roads, sewers, pump stations, play areas and open spaces on historic and new developments.
- Whenever possible, attend sites during infrastructure works/activities and identify/record issues, monitor quality and provide positive feedback or raise concerns with the build team and/or contractors.
- Liaise with the Technical Coordinators, Design Consultants and Solicitors as necessary to ensure that infrastructure agreements (S278, S38, S104, S185) and Deeds are in place.
- Resolve all issues arising from completed sites ensuring all titles deeds, maintenance bonds and other legal requirements are complied with.
- Liaise with Contractors during the construction process and ensure compliance i.e. CBR & material testing.
- Attend site visits and meetings with Authorities, monitor and report on progression of adoptable roads and sewers and managed areas.
- Manage external consultants to assist with adoptions as required including their performance and costs.
- Liaise with Subcontractors and the Commercial Department with respect to completion of works, variations/new quotations, inspections and rectifying sub-standard works. Agree with Commercial team before they release contractors' retentions.
- Ensure all Health & Safety Method Statements and Risk Assessments are approved by the Construction Director and/or Health & Safety Regional Advisor prior to commencing maintenance works on completed sites.
- Procure and manage utility works/installations as may be required to facilitate adoptions/handovers.
- To arrange for CCTV, As Constructed surveys, Street Lighting completion certificates, Road safety Audits, H&S File and remedial works with Contractors and Consultants to ensure compliance with the approved design and submit to adopting authorities as required.
- The adoption of roads, sewers, pumping stations and open spaces covered under Section 38 and S278 of the Highways act 1980; and Section 102, S185 and 104 of the Water Industry Act 1991.
- Liaison with Local Authority, Water Company and Environment Agency personnel in respect of site inspections to secure Provisional Certificates Arrange site inspections of infrastructure at the end of maintenance periods and identify and arrange all works required to achieve adoption.
- Work to an agreed programme of scheduled adoptions; such programme to be discussed and reviewed with the Technical Manager/Director on a fortnightly basis.
- Secure adoption certificates to agreed programme and apply for the bond reductions.
- Update the Companies Bonds Management Schedule on a regular basis; ensuring that a monthly report is available to the Technical Manager at the end of each month.
- Liaise with Build team and arrange inspections with appointed Managing agents on the Resident Management Company areas to secure handover. Liaise with the Technical Co coordinators and ensure handover information is formally provided to the Managing Agent.
- Liaise with Technical Coordinator and Solicitors to progress the land transfer to the Residents Management Company and resignation of Directors.
- Undertake regular Site Inspections of completed, unadopted developments and review Health and Safety implications, arranging any necessary remedial works through the Commercial Department
- Arrange and review regular Operational Safety inspections of Play Areas still under the Company's responsibility and request any repair works identified via the Commercial Department.
- Cultivate and maintain good, professional, and respected working relationships with all external adopting bodies including Highways Authorities, Water Authorities, Councils and Management Companies.
- To assist at land acquisition stage and provide advice on requirements of the Adopting Authorities.
- Maintain development correspondence files.
- Have a sound knowledge and experience of civil engineering construction activities, i.e. roads, sewers, pumping stations and section agreements
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Relevant HND / Degree / Professional qualification desirable
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in civil engineering and or site management and be familiar with the adoption process
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of adoption and infrastructure works associated to new build housing estates - sewers, roads, utilities
- Technically minded and a thorough understanding of section agreements S38, S278 and S104
- Legal understanding of bonds, certificates, and title deeds
- Experience of working with a housing developer, consultancy, local authority and Management Companies
- Working knowledge of NJUG requirements
- Working knowledge of NHBC roads and sewers bonds, applications, charges and rates
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A methodical and accurate approach to all tasks with close attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines through effective prioritisation of tasks
- A methodical approach to working practices
- Decision maker with pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to influence and persuade others
- A self-starter capable of creating and maintaining momentum in projects.
- Behave in line with our values
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as under instruction
- Patient, calm and empathetic
- Self-motivated to deliver a high standard
- Taking ownership to ensure a situation is resolved efficiently and effectively.
- Good team working skills
- A commitment to work as required to meet the needs of the business
- A willingness to attend site out of hours to deal with emergency situations
- Able to travel to different sites on a regular basis
- Should ideally have a Civil Engineering related qualification i.e. Degree, HND or HNC and hold a CSCS car
- Ideally, will have worked in a similar role for a house builder, consultancy, contractor, or local authority
- Experience in estate roads and sewer design, construction, and inspections with relevant Authorities
- Experience of legal agreements and bond arrangements
- Experience in Management Company set up, handover arrangements and legal transfer
- Fully conversant with building regulations and Construction Design and Management Regulations
- Understanding of Civils3D
- Competent with using Auto CAD
- Competent use of Viewpoint.
- Competent user of Microsoft Project or similar
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Homes is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us - we will always be happy to help.
- Adoptions Engineer
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
07/04/2021 Featured job
- Vistry Group
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts