Temp. Mfg Engineer for procurement Interface for Aftermarket.
Familiar in solving issues and problems for infrequently made, Legacy and Aftermarket products by providing technical assistance to Purchasing and the supply chain regarding obsolescence, , legacy manufacturing or alternative processing methods to achieve timely delivery and revenue demands.
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing engineering methods and processes including Machining, treatments, special processes ( e.g welding and brazing, NDT, balancing).Create bills of materials and process methods using the MRP planning system ensuring quality requirements are adhered to support or mitigate Production permits, concessions and potential non-conformance issues, dual inspection requirements , functional dimensions, statistical process control, first article inspection reports, measuring system analysis, combined failure mode and effects analysis, key characteristics and estimating process times for all operations.
- The person must be familiar with technical processing specifications and be able to liaise with the Aftermarket team in parallel with Engineering Design , Purchasing and Quality.
- To support the part needs,liaise with a third party procurement company, to manufacture fixturing and gauging to support the part processing requirements and raise the supporting purchase orders.
- Be able to demonstrate, implement and problem solve using a plan, do, check, act method of working.
- Collaboratively liaise with, design engineering, purchasing, quality and manufacturing operations departments for problem solving success.
Candidates will operate on a PAYE basis only
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK, and adhere to ITAR restrictions
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.