Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer
This role is based in Marlow.
Cobham, the leading global technology and services innovator have a fantastic to work on our market leading products providing Microwave, RF antenna and Electronic Design within the Aerospace Connectivity Business Unit of Cobham’s Communications and Connectivity Sector. Our products are designed for air, land and sea to high specifications and with new products coming through you will be involved in exciting technical challenges.
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations. We develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
Our Systems Engineers work on a wide range of tasks throughout the lifecycle of a product, from initial opportunity development with customers, through design development to production and beyond.
We are now looking for high calibre Senior Systems Engineers who have a wealth of relevant experience in aerospace or other technical and regulated domains. As a key member of a Project Team, they work with other subject matter experts using their systems knowledge to ensure the successful execution of our fast-paced projects.
As part of their daily tasks, our engineers are responsible for the development and delivery of tasks to support the design, development, verification and validation of products. They have opportunities to engage with our customers and suppliers, supporting technical meetings and being proactively involved in systems integration and product verification / validation trials. Working with project leads and subject matter experts, they use their breadth of experience to ensure timely delivery of work packages to meet project milestones within cost and schedule. Depending on the project structure, they may also provide leadership to engineers assigned on the project.
As a Senior Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A recognised technology based degree or equivalent, supported by sufficient experience to prove application of systems engineering across the lifecycle
- Proven experience in Systems Engineering within a safety critical industry, ideally with experience of ARP4754A
- Change management, project management and technical authoring skills
- Experience working in an environment where the team are located in different sites
- Experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc)
- Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc)
- Experience of performing environmental and functional testing
- Experience of development engineering activities and understanding of product lifecycles
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering
As a Senior Systems Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Capturing system requirements and generating detailed technical requirements for the engineering solution, including compliance matrices and the means of demonstrating these
- Allocation of requirements to sub-systems and components
- Proposing, detailing and reviewing system designs to ensure they meet requirements
- Planning, arranging and attending verification activities
- Development of systems management plans, requirements management plans, verification and validation plans
- Opportunities to lead teams to cover delivery of various work packages
- Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree systems engineering activities
- Reporting on the progress, cost and schedule of projects and tasks
- Preparation of specifications and other project artefacts
- Coordinating and providing technical deliverables for engineering design reviews
- Applying strict adherence to process compliance, regulation and other business policies, achieving the required level of quality
- Identifying opportunities for productivity and cost improvements
- Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the company
- Ensure effective knowledge management approaches are embedded.
- Ensure effective lessons learned approaches are utilised, to capture the information and ensure our processes are appropriately updated as a result on a continuous basis
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Manufacturers of secure, reliable communications and navigation systems
We are innovative system integrators with a pedigree of capability in Communications, Navigation and Electronic Warfare for aerospace and defence. Through continual innovation, we are able to supply highly resilient, totally dependable systems with low through-life costs that deliver outstanding performance and value. Our air, land and maritime products include Antenna Systems, Anti-Jam GPS, Radio, Audio, Air Traffic Management Systems and Electronic Warfare.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.