Senior Structural Engineer – Somerset
We’re looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join an established Civil & Structural Engineering Consultancy based in Somerset.
Candidates should ideally be Chartered, or working towards Chartered status, with experience in the design of civil and structural engineering works and in the assessment of existing buildings and writing diagnostic reports in relation to building defects.
Responsibilities to include:
- Working with the Director and Design Team Manager to achieve personal, professional and practice development
- Work with the administrator to ensure smooth functioning of business administration systems
- Communicate and collaborate with design Directors and clients as a part of the design process
- Coordinate the project engineers to secure the effective delivery of project goals
- Produce technically accurate design calculations, sketches and drawings
- Set out all written and drawn material in a clear logical manner with adequate cross-referencing and summary
- Contribute to effective team working
- Work in accordance with agreed briefing documents and to agreed timescales.
- To support the project engineer, design office manager and Director in business development by effective communication with design partners.
- When requested to document design activities to inform others.
- Implement practice quality control processes and standard methods of working
- Chartered (MICE or MIStructE) or working towards Chartered status
- Extensive experience in the design of civil and structural engineering works
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience of staff management and mentoring junior engineers
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Ambitious and keen to develop career as part of a growing consultancy
- Circa £40,000 - £50,000 salary DOE
- Genuine progression prospects
- Ongoing training and CPD
- Flexible benefits package
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.