As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be joining a leading consultancy with offices throughout the world. Based in the Belfast office you will be part of a team providing and managing quantity surveying services, specializing in infrastructure and buildings projects. You will have the responsibility for full cost management of multi-million-pound pre and post-contract works including reporting to clients. Reporting to the Associate Director and Client, you will ensure that a high level of technical, financial and commercial control is always maintained on all current projects.
WPR are working alongside our client who is a leading development and infrastructure organisation that are seeing significant growth and now requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor to lead multi-million-pound build contracts in Northern Ireland. Employee career development is at the core of this company and as such, they will fully support membership and progression to becoming chartered while offering a competitive salary, long-term opportunities, and career progression.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- To ensure contracts are administered correctly and regular reporting to Company senior cost management team
- Dealing with all aspects of cost management including leading a project team where appropriate
- To regularly liaise and build relationships with colleagues ensuring consistency of service delivery.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of clients, competitors, client care policy
- To mentor and support staff including trainees and graduates in their professional development
- Standard of work to meet and follow the quality standards of Capita Company policies and that expected of a Chartered RICS (OR equivalent) Surveyor
- Represent the Company in a professional and diligent manner and form strong working relationships with colleagues and Clients
In order to be considered for the role you will have:
- BSc/MSc in Quantity Surveying or another relevant business discipline
- Chartered Surveyor (RICS or equivalent)
- Over 7+ years relevant construction industry experience
- Pre and Post contract experience including Cost Estimates / Feasibilities, Cost Planning, Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Construction Procurement options and preparation of tender documentation using computer-aided take-off software packages, Value Engineering, Change control, Cost Reporting, Post contract administration, and management
- Experience of NEC and JCT Contracts
If you feel this Senior Quantity Surveyor role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.