As Principal Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager you will be joining an enthusiastic and growing multi-disciplinary Water team based in Belfast, delivering a range of design and project management services for Water companies, Contractors Design and Build, and private developers. This large and diverse water team offers a multi-disciplinary, integrated design and management service from feasibility, planning, outline, and detailed design through to contract preparation, tendering, and construction support. You will be undertaking cost duties as appropriate for feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement, and undertake construction stage cost management, whilst working alongside a multidisciplinary team.
WPR are working alongside our client who is a leading development and infrastructure organisation focusing on the Water / Wastewater / Utilities sector and building on strategic partnership agreements. They are seeing significant growth and now require a Principal Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager to lead multi-million-pound build contracts in Northern Ireland. Employee career development is at the core of this company and as well as offering a competitive salary, long-term opportunities, and career progression.
As Principal Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- To be responsible for leading the Cost Management team on multi-million-pound contract works, including reporting to & taking briefs from clients to produce best-practice solutions.
- To provide cost and contract support for construction project planning and delivery including budget cost estimation, risk forecasting and cost/value management.
- To provide construction phase project cost control through risk management, cost forecasting/outturns, contract management & administration and performance management of projects.
- To contribute to performance & profitability of the business, monitoring quality and cost-effectiveness of projects, mitigating risks and ensuring business-critical services are provided for. Delivering commercial improvements, challenging processes & driving change.
- To update the Associate Director on project progress to assist the business in decision-making.
- To ensure contract compliance, implementation of required quality standard procedures and facilitating of internal & external audits.
- Responsible for managing the Cost Management team in undertaking contractor interim valuation assessments and payment certificates, compensation event assessments, final account reconciliations and financial closeout of projects.
In order to be considered for the role you will have:
- Degree Qualified (Quantity Surveying or Engineering or Project Management related) & Chartered
- Over 8 years relevant infrastructure experience, of which at least 5 years gained working for a water utility client
- Proven experience in cost & project management
- Experienced in leading and managing teams
- Sound knowledge of NEC3 Forms of Contract in particular ECC Options B & C (NEC4 an advantage)
- Commercial awareness, procurement experience, pre and post contract experience & negotiation
You will be offered career-focused training and development design to suit your chosen career path.
We offer a competitive salary, company-matched pension, life assurance, and a list of company and voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle.
If you feel this Principal Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To hear more about the role please contact Wellington Professional Recruitment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.