Exciting opportunity for a Engineering Manager to join a market leading engineering organisation to manage all facilities and Maintenance activities globally but based out of Berkshire. The successful candidate will facilitate continuous improvement by optimising all plant and equipment at the facilities. It goes without saying some travel both domestically and internationally will be required but a significant majority of the time will be spent in Berkshire.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
* Support production facilities in the achievement of its business objectives.
* Provide effective management of all Engineering and Maintenance functions in Europe and India.
* Manage Engineering Projects from conception
* Deliver projects on time, on budget to realise planned improvements/cost savings.
* Provide in-house expertise for troubleshooting PLC/instrumentation problems.
* Provide guidance to Production and Quality Departments
* Develop and maintain positive communications/working relationships with all company functional areas/sites as necessary.
* Review and upgrade plant and machinery etc. where appropriate through submission of capital expenditure programme as required.
* Actively lead/participate in cross-functional improvement teams to drive performance improvement.
* Develop, manage, and maintain registers for critical spares, service contracts, regulatory compliance, etc.
Engineering Manager Qualifications/Experience:
* Extensive experience in engineering project management
* Multisite experience
* Valid driving licence
* Graduate Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or HND.
* Extensive experience in management of engineering personnel and maintenance functions. Detailed knowledge of industrial automation, PLC logic and instrumentation, particularly Siemens instrumentation.
* Experience in mechanical engineering
* Excellent inter-personal skills
* Good understanding & experience of batch and continuous manufacturing processes
* Structured problem solving skills
* Motivated to achieve targets
* Excellent data analysis and problem solving skills
If you're interested in the Engineering Manager role click apply now
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
By applying for this position please take a few moments to view our Privacy Notice on our Orion website which details how we retain and process your data. Alternatively please give us a call so we can discuss this with you.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.