Mackay Business Services are working with their Derby based engineering client to recruit an experienced Quality Management Systems Engineer to help develop, measure and improve the company's Quality Management Systems.
As Quality Management Systems Engineer you will ensure that processes and products are always working to a high standard to meet internal and external requirements.
- To oversee the quality control monitoring and analysis, including administration & implementation of the ISO9001 & ISO/TS 22163 accreditations within the business
- Carry out internal/external audits and initiate corrective and preventive actions
- Manage of internal auditors: evaluation of competences, skills development
- Organisation of external ISO training and workshop for internal auditors and managers
- Training for all employees regarding ISO standard requirements implemented in MSSL
- To carry out supplier review
- Creating and maintaining the Company's Quality Standards; develop, implement and maintain the Company's quality documentation, such as quality procedures, reports etc
- Management of process reviews
- Organization of yearly Management Review
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with management, customers and suppliers
- Ability to write and present both technical reports and statistical presentations to senior management
- A confident and analytical approach to daily routine activities, with the ability to change priorities where necessary
- Have a full driving license and passport with the flexibility to travel both within the UK and abroad where required
- Demonstrate a strong desire to undertake further training where necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Quality related field
- Excellent knowledge of ISO 9001 & International Rail Industry Standards (IRIS)
- Lead auditor qualification
- Strong IT Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Effective usage of data analysis tools - e.g., root cause analysis, Pareto charts & box and whiskers charts)
- Very good understanding of ISO 9001 & IRIS standards
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organisational and strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent team working and adaptability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Willingness to learn new methods and systems
- Written and verbal communication.
Ideally you will have experience within the rail sector, although other areas of engineering will be considered.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.