Parts Advisor (part time)
This will be a job share working 2 1/2 days per week.
A pivotal role in the Dealerpoint, responsible for developing and sustaining superior parts performance, ensuring consistently high levels of customer service to increased customer satisfaction and ultimately the overall success of the Dealerpoint.
Parts Supervisor/Parts Manager
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities
- Ensure Customer orders are taken and supplied to the correct specification
- Ensure that procedures are correctly carried out for the ordering of goods and their receipt.
- Ensure that invoices/credits are properly and accurately raised for goods supplied or returned
- Ensure warranty claim, VCM and special claims are reconciled correctly
- To be pro-active in a selling role.
- Ensure the accuracy of perpetual inventory stock counts.
- Checking the parts required for customers on the daily van route
- Ensuring that all goods received are checked and binned accurately.
- Documenting and supervising the condition of parts returned for credit including old unit cores and reporting damaged or unsuitable items to the Parts Supervisor.
- Ensuring procedures are properly carried out for the ordering of goods and receipt.
- Ensuring that credits are properly and accurately raised for goods returned.
- Ensuring that all parts and old units returned are labelled and packed properly and all relevant paperwork correctly completed.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping within the Parts department.
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager
Key Skills / Competencies:
- To be able to work in an organised & methodical manner in a fast moving environment, ensuring that all daily tasks are completed.
- To be able to effectively communicate to customers and colleagues both oral and written.
- To have questioning, listening & information gathering skills.
- To be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome.
- To be able to identify customers’ needs & propose appropriate solutions.
- Negotiation skills - gain agreement on proposed course of action (Win/Win).
- Effective selling techniques.
- Friendly and helpful nature with the desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- To always conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- To be able to remain calm and patient in a dynamic business environment.
- A proactive approach which ensures that customer’s expectations are met and exceeded.
- Flexible and positive approach to changing circumstances and changing priorities.
- Team oriented.
Additional important requirements:
- Strong IT literacy (MS Office (particularly Excel) ) and a GDS/Kerridge style dealer system awareness
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.