Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our team to work in Birmingham.
To support the co-ordination, submission, compliance and management of all assurance activities and the resolution of assurance related issues.
To ensure implementation BBV procedures to provide evidence of self-assurance including submissions from the supply chain and establishing test and inspection plans for delivery of the works.
To support the Construction teams, coordinate with Statutory Undertakers, Network Rail, Rail Systems contractors, Enabling Works contractors and Others throughout the design and construction of the works.
- Advise on the preparation of project quality documents and ensure these documents are prepared and reviewed/revised as necessary
- Reviewing the quality procedures of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Regularly audit the project against the defined quality and assurance arrangements
- Report against quality performance KPIs, investigating their results and reporting causes of failure to project management.
- Manage the non-conformance process
- Contributing to the continued improvement of quality performance
Who we're looking for
- Experience preferred of Major Civil Engineering projects
- Experience of construction in the UK
- Knowledge and experience of working to UK and international standards and codes of practice for the UK Nuclear sector
- Preferably with experience of working in a construction environment, with Mechanical, Civil and electrical knowledge
- A formal qualification in Quality Management
- Preferably trained ISO 9001 Lead Auditor and/or Internal Auditor
- CSCS Card Holder
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.