As a result of continued growth, a global and cutting-edge design & manufacturing business is currently looking for an Engineering Manager to join their expanding team in Plymouth on a permanent basis.
Working within this business, you will be involved in creating the critical components that drive cutting edge products and services in the defence industry.
As the Engineering Manager, your mission will be to assist with the design and development of electrical and electronic hardware and embedded software.
Within the role of Engineering Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Line Management of all Naval Systems engineers
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for engineering and technical work performed.
- System requirement specifications and System design specification preparation
- Assisting with the installation and commissioning of systems on customer premises throughout the world (as required in line with business need)
- You will be required to help build the business with recruiting employees.
In addition, you will also produce proposal documentation and material necessary for the satisfactory response to customer RFQ/RFP request.
To succeed within the role of Engineering Manager, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following:
- Experience as an Engineering Team Leader and Project Technical Leader within the aerospace and defence sector is essential.
- Strong knowledge or technical understanding of engineering level key deliverables or hold a degree in Engineering.
- Proficient in performing engineering calculations.
- Must have worked in a similar level position, preferably in a small or medium-sized company or similar business model.
A role with this business is much more than your regular 9-5 job. You'll do work that moves the world forward and makes a real difference, for an industry leader in their field.
To apply for the position of Engineering Manager, please send your CV to Samantha Bowers via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.