Competative salary plus benefits
To provide technical support to the Production Departments by identifying the operations and improvements required to produce products and developing processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met on a timely basis and in accordance with business needs.
Duties & responsibilities
- To provide full engineering and technical support across the manufacturing department to ensure that production operating levels are achieved and maintained.
- Manage internal projects within agreed timeframes and to budget, to achieve agreed objectives and meet business needs.
- Produce and maintain relevant internal documentation to company standards, ensuring they are clear, concise and understandable for all users.
- Generate, develop and update Process Control Plans (PCPs), Visual Control Plans (VCPs), Test Control Plans (TCPs), FMEAs and SOP’s.
- Design and develop lean manufacturing cells, through analysis of process needs to include process assembly and test equipment. Work with Manufacturing Services to ensure factory layouts are kept up-to-date and meet business requirements as practices change and evolve.
- Design and develop assembly and testing fixtures to meet the departmental needs, liaising with the Manufacturing Services staff when required to arrange fabrication.
- Identify and lead cost reduction and process efficiency improvement activities, including provision of relevant documentation relating to cost savings and proposed efficiencies.
- Support prototype builds ensuring that all special requirements are met within agreed timescales.
- Support NPI activities
- Identify, justify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Use statistical tools to validate new processes or equipment or changes to existing processes or equipment.
- Specify and purchase facilities to aid production, liaising with relevant internal departments where necessary obtaining best value to meet production needs.
- Coach and support staff where required through knowledge sharing and best engineering practices.
- Work with the Quality Department to improve quality of products and processes and assist with investigations regarding returns field issues and Customer rejects.
- Support production by working closely with Team Leaders to fulfil requests for tooling and providing assistance where required.
- Liaise with personnel at parent company, to control and co-ordinate new valve builds from USA.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
Qualifications & experience
- HNC/HND or Degree level in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in managing projects, delivering on time and within budget.
- Excellent working knowledge of 3D CAD systems – Creo advantageous
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and/or pneumatics advantageous
- Thorough understanding and experience in application of lean principles, including Kaizen, 5s and Kanban.
- 6 Sigma qualification advantageous
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Familiar with ISO 9001, knowledge of ISO 14001 would be advantageous.
- CAD skills, AutoCAD or Pro-E/Creo experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas, share technical information and communicate at all levels.
- Self-motivated, a quick learner, capable of multi-tasking and comfortable when working under pressure in a limited time span.
Demonstrates the HydraForce Values
INTEGRITY Treats people with courtesy, dignity, respect & fairness.
INNOVATION Identifies and implements effective processes & procedures for accomplishing work.
AGILITY Able to react quickly & appropriately when necessary.
ACCOUNTABILITY Can be relied on consistently.
RESPECT Demonstrates a high level of professional etiquette.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.