To ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Reuse Centre at all times in compliance with all legal and contractual requirements and Company procedures.
This role requires a high level of customer interaction, sales assistants should have good customer facing and communication skills.
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Be involved in stock control and management.
- Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the Manager.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Dealing with customer refunds.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping.
- Responsible dealing with customer complaints.
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
The personal skills that are required for the job:
Having a friendly and engaging personality
Comfortable working with members of the public
Should have a confident manner
Must be helpful and polite
Demonstrate a good understanding of computers and software programmes,
Able to work on his/her own initiative
Good interpersonal skills, commercial awareness, planning and organising, and customer service.
You will be entitled to 28 days holiday & 8 Bank Holidays
Private medical healthcare
Pension (EE 5% ER 7%)
Costco Membership (whilst we do not pay for the membership you would be entitled to take this out as an employee)
Onsite Canteen/ Bistro
Reference ID: ShopAssistant
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.