About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a BIM ENGINEER to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Manchester.
Due to increased workload we are looking for a well experienced BIM Technician / Digital Engineer. Ideally with 5-10 years experience working in the field of BIM with a wide-ranging civil and mechanical engineering background and supporting qualification to work within our current engineering team.
This role will provide the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exclusive projects that Balfour Beatty are involved with globally in the gas and water sector. The current team provides a range of services in the BIM and Digital Engineering space both direct to Client organisations, external Consultant teams, Contractors, as well as to its own internal multi-disciplinary projects.
What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following accountabilities:
- Produce fully mature 3D models from 2D information or survey data and will be expected to undertake 3D authoring control/checking of 3rd party work and management thereof.
- Coordinating drawing and modelling production in line with project requirements and in conjunction with other discipline.
- Assist with preparation of cad templates, presentations, internal standards etc.
- Helping to technically deliver CAD/BIM projects in the role of CAD and BIM coordination
- Able to meet tight deadlines and able to work alone or with a team
- To support the UK BIM Manager with strategy and policy/process development
- Critically analyse digital construction problems and find solutions
- Good understanding of the latest BIM standards and compliance
- Able to lead a project from the technical perspective
- Able to give BIM advice to the project team
- Able to communicate clearly to clients regard technical issues and respond to their requirements.
- Develop and assist with the exchange of large amounts of project data with multiple consultants through BIM360 Cloud or other CDE platforms
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Autodesk Civils 3d
- Relevant experience on civil/mech/infrastructure schemes
- HNC/HND level qualification in Engineering or Technical Design (or similar relevant discipline)
- An engineering-based background in work or education
- In-depth experience within a work-sharing environment (CDE), and demonstrable experience using 3d coordination software are essential.
- Strong proficiency in 3d AutoCAD
- Experience working with Revit, Civil 3d, Navisworks and Infraworks
- Knowledge of Civil and Mechanical engineering terminology
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily task
- Flexible attitude
- Good presentational skills and ability to present to senior management
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from 50,000 schemes to 100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums. Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.