Graduate Structural Engineer
If you’re a graduate with a Bachelor of Engineering / Master of Science degree or equivalent in Civil or Structural Engineering, and you’re looking to develop your knowledge and progress your career as part of a successful and supportive business, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Armac Group is one of the UK market leaders in demolition, land reclamation and remediation, rail and civils, and asbestos removal, providing every service required to transform a derelict site into a cleared, safe, clean site ready for development or re-use. Companies within the Group include Armac Demolition and Armac Environmental.
Established for nearly 40 years with a quality-driven approach, the Group has set high standards in the industry by adopting cutting edge techniques and state-of-the-art equipment, building an unrivalled reputation.
The Role – Graduate Structural Engineer
As a Graduate Structural Engineer you will work alongside our engineering, technical and management team to ensure our projects are delivered safely, on time and within budget.
You will split your time between our head office in Meriden (between Birmingham and Coventry), and our site operations across the UK, with duties to include, although not be limited to:
- Developing 4-weekly programmes with the Site Engineer and benchmark productivity measures for the workforce
- Assessing actual programme and productivity achieved for review at weekly progress meetings, to include resource requirements
- Completing inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works, ensuring all necessary documentation required is produced
- Communicating with works managers, foremen, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided
- Communicating non-conformances and any instructions received to the QA and QS teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and equipment through requisitions
- Developing temporary work and lift plans
Our Requirements – Graduate Structural Engineer
- BEng / MSc (or equivalent) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is desirable, but not essential
As a Graduate Structural Engineer, we will provide you will all the training and support you need to thrive in the role and develop a successful career, along with:
- A competitive starting salary
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Permanent contract, working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
All applications for this Graduate Structural Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.