Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference on patients' daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Project Manager for a 6 Month contract based in Haverhill.
Purpose of the Project Manager Role:
Sanofi is an ambitious Top 5 Pharrmaceutical company passionate about bringing innovative products to patients. At Sanofi Haverhill our teams have courage, integrity and respect as core principles and as part of the engineering team we have a position for a self starting, spirited individual to work within an empowered environment to deliver multi-disciplined engineering projects. The business is currently going through a number of CAPEX Projects within the Engineering Department to upgrade the manufacturing facility
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- As the works leader and project engineer/manager you will be responsible for conceptual design, preparation of cost estimates, procurement and detail design or review and approval of detail design.
- To establish by consultation with the customer and stakeholders the requirements, scope of work and schedule and thus mutually agree project objectives.
- To develop practical, cost effective engineering designs taking full account of the many competing factors, technical, operational and economic.
- To initiate enquiries with vendors, evaluate proposals and collect data for the preparation of accurate and realistic budget estimates and schedules for the purpose of gaining approval to acquire capital funds by management.
- Prepare contract purchase order documents in conjunction with the procurement team, review tenders and select suppliers/contractors without bias in order to leverage the optimal economic and technical solution for the business.
- To control the expenditure and time schedules for the project implementation to ensure that it does not exceed the allocated capital funds and time lines. Escalate to management any project risks to budget or timelines in timely manner to allow remedial action to be effective. Adherence to agreed schedule and budget targets whilst minimising disruption to production.
- To organise mechanical testing, commissioning and validation of new facilities and equipment, assuring quality assurance, environmental, health and safety factors.
- Prepare and deliver operator training and issue operating/maintenance/user manuals to ensure the equipment can be operated and maintained efficiently and safely.
- To limit the companies liabilities, by ensuring that standards, codes of practice and statutory requirements are incorporated into all stages of the project.
- Commit to continuing professional development and maintain an up to date knowledge of technological advances in relevant production equipment and processes so that the company acquires the correct state of the art facilities for manufacturing its product.
- Manage and supervise contract labour in the execution of their duties, ensuring they are sufficiently trained in health and safety at work, and GMP compliance. To liaise with external consultants, engineers and contractors during the project execution ensuring all work carried out by them is within the requirements of the overall project remit.
- Assists maintenance and facilities department with breakdowns and troubleshooting of faulty equipment
What we require from the candidate:
- Expected to be an expert in one of the engineering disciplines; chemical, mechanical, Electrical or civil but have a basic knowledge of all roles and their application in a pharmaceutical environment
- Experience working on engineering projects within the pharmaceutical or fine chemical industries is desirable.
- Experience in planning, designing and programming projects utilising information technology (MS Project/Excel)
- Have experience of installation, commissioning and validation activities for multiple projects.
- Working in a regulated environment conforming to [EU GMP] European Commission - Eudralex Volume 4 - EU guidelines to good manufacturing practice.
- All work to recognised safety, cGMP, corporate standards and site departmental procedure.
- Experience of the application of HSE CDM (Construction Design and Management) regulations.
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer
IR35 Status: This role has been assessed as inside of IR35.
If you are interested in applying for this Project Manager position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.